Vision, Beliefs, and Mission
We envision Merrywood Elementary School as an enthusiastic community of learners that provides exciting educational experiences to maximize success and achievement.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Merrywood Elementary School is to educate students through challenging learning opportunities and provide the LIFESKILLS for responsible and caring citizenship.
- Each person is a valued individual with unique intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs.
- Educators must remain flexible and receptive to new ideas that will enrich instruction, stimulate learning, and enable students to become self-directed learners.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in instructional levels and learning styles.
- All students can learn when appropriately challenged.
- Education is everyone’s responsibility.
- Mutual respect is essential for our school to function as a safe learning environment.
- Decisions must be based on what is best for all students.
- Learning is a lifelong process.